Developmental Pediatrician in Monmouth County
Having a child in the home who possesses special needs presents a unique responsibility for any parent. Whether they show signs of a learning disability or a social-behavioral deficiency that might hinder both their interactions with peers and their future academic success, all children deserve the right opportunity to succeed exactly where they're at.
At Developmental Pediatrics of Central Jersey, children who have developmental deficiencies will be met by Dr. Alison Smoller, D.O., a developmental pediatrician. She can help bring them into environments that will allow them to meet their potential, both in the classroom and in peer circles.
Dr. Smoller is fully equipped to help ease the psychosocial complexities that stem from a variety of developmental-behavioral delays that might be present in your child.
Common Developmental Disorders:
- Dyslexia, writing and math difficulties, and other learning problems indicative of a learning disorder
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and similar disorders characterized by oppositional-defiant behavior, conduct issues, depression, anxiety disorders, and other behavioral deficits
- Tourettes syndrome, tics, and other bad habit conditions
- Deficiencies in sleeping, feeding, and excreting properly along with other regulatory delays
- Autism spectrum disorders, both visual and hearing impairments, and other developmental disorders
- Poor speech and language capabilities or deficiencies in motor skills or cognitive function
- Genetic disorders, prematurity, and other complicated illnesses that are rarely seen in pediatric patients
At Developmental Pediatrics of Central Jersey, developmentally-delayed children with any of these issues will meet with Dr. Smoller to receive customized care for their specific special needs. With years of understanding about psychosocial deficiencies and how to compensate for them, a developmental pediatrician fully assesses every child to maximize his or her potential.
If you feel your child would benefit from having a developmental pediatrician helping them achieve their academic and social goals, give Developmental Pediatrics of Central Jersey a call today at (732) 660-0220. This will allow you to take the first step in helping your children reach their full potential right here in Monmouth County, NJ!
For more information on our Developmental Pediatrician in the Monmouth County, NJ area call Developmental Pediatrics of Central Jersey at (732) 660-0220 today!